Dong-Qing Yao's Homepage
Dong-Qing Yao, Ph.D.
Department of E-Business/Technology†
††† ††Management† (EBTM)
Towson University, MD 21252
1. EBTM 365: Principles of Operations Management
2.† EBTM 602:† Into. to Supply Chain Management
3.† EBTM 720:† Supply Chain Intelligence & Technologies
Research Interests: Supply chain management (for technology-intensive industries), (supply chain) technology management
Refereed Journal Publications
1. Characteristics of Inventory Variation under Auto-correlated Demand by a Myopic Ordering Policy, 2010, International Journal of Applied Management Science, (Forthcoming).
2. Yao D.Q., Yue X., Mukhopadhyay S. and Wang ZP. 2009.† Strategic Inventory Deployment for Retail and E-tail Stores. OMEGA ,37 (3), 646-658.
3. Mukhopadhyay S., Yao D.Q. and Yue X. 2008. Information Sharing of a Value-adding Retailer in a Mixed Channel Hi-Tech Supply Chain. Journal of Business Research. 61(9), 950-958.
4.† Yao D.Q. and Kurata H. and Mukhopadhyay S, Incentives to Reliable Order Fulfillment for an Internet Drop-shipping Supply Chain. 2008, International Journal of Production Economics 113, 324-334.
5. Forecast Facilitated Lot-for-Lot Ordering in the Presence of Auto-correlated Demand. 2008. Computers and Industrial Engineering (With Alwan L. and Liu J.) 54/4, 840-850.
6. Yao D.Q. and Yue X. and Liu J.J.† 2008. Vertical Cost Information Sharing in a Supply Chain with Value-adding Retailers. OMEGA Vol. 36/5, 838-851.
7. Kurata H., Yao D.Q. and Liu J.J. 2007.† Pricing Policies under Direct vs. Indirect Channel Competition and National vs. Store Brand Competition. European Journal of Operational Research Vol. 180/1, 262-281.
8. Wang Z.P., Yao D.Q. and Huang P.Q.. 2007 A New Location-Inventory Policy with Reverse Logistics in B2C E-Markets of China. International Journal of Production Economics 107(2), 350-363.
9. Yao D.Q., Yue X, Wang X, and Liu J. 2005. The Impact of Information Sharing on a Returns Policy with the Addition of a Direct Channel. International Journal of Production Economics 97, pp. 196-209.
10. Yao D.Q. and Liu J. J. 2005.† Competitive Pricing of Mixed Retail and E-tail Distribution Channels. OMEGA †33. 235-247.
11. Alwan L. C., Liu J. J., and Yao D. Q. 2003. Stochastic Characterization of Upstream Demand Processes in a Supply Chain," IIE Transactions, 35, 207-219.
This research is also reported in Industrial Engineer (Executive Summary), Feb. 2003, p49.
12. Channel Redistribution with Direct-Selling, 2003, European Journal of Operational Research, 144, 646-658 .
13. Liu J. and Yao D.Q. 1999. Strategic Options in Re-engineering of a Manufacturing System with Uncertain Completion Time.†† European Journal of Operational Research, 115, 47-58.
14.† "An Internet Trading Platform for Testing Auction and Exchange Mechanism" International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies (IJIIT). 1(4), (2005), 20-34.
15. Modeling Agent Auctions in a Supply Chain Environment. 2007. International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies (IJIIT). 3(1) 14-36. (With Hong S., Nag B.)
16. †Kurata H., Liu J.J. and Yao DQ.† Analysis of Supply Chainís Strategic Resolution to Order Variability-Risk Pooling and Bundling- Under Vector Autoregressive (VAR) Demand. 2007, IJOQM , 13(3), 173-198.
17. Yao D.Q. and Zhang N.† Contract Design for Supply Chain Quality Management. 2009. †International Journal of Value-Chain Management† 3(2), 129-145.
†† 18. Quality management in China: The effects of firm characteristics and cultural profile. 2011 International Journal of†††
. (with Xingxing Zu, et al.), 28(8), 800-821.
†† 19.Dynamic Pricing Strategy for Subscription-Based Information Goods. 2012,† Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 11,††
1. A Reusable Business Process Simulation Framework for Electronic Distributorís Supply Chain.
2.† E-supply chain governance structure design (Funded by Supply Chain Efficiency and Sustainability Grant (J-BB7E) from
††† Hong Kong Polytechnic Univ.)
1. Reviewer for: European Journal of Operations Research (EJOR), Journal of Operations Management (JOM), International Journal of Production Economics (IJPE), Engineering Optimization, OMEGA, and Journal of Business Research (JBR), etc.
2. Serve on the editorial board of International Journal of Applied Management Science.
3. Projects Consulted with Sensient Technologies Corporation; GE-Medical Systems; Milwaukee Journal Sentinel; Arrow Electronics, etc.