Kim Shifren, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
College of Liberal Arts
8000 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21252
Research Across the Lifespan
If you are interested in obtaining research skills for graduate school or research oriented jobs, then click on the words "Current Research Projects" for a list of ongoing research projects.
If you are interested in working with Dr. Shifren on any of these research projects, then please contact Dr. Shifren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify as a research assistant you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must have completed both behavioral statistics and experimental psychology with a grade of B or better.
2. Be motivated to conduct research including coding, data entry, subject recruitment, conducting interviews, and library research.
3. Be responsible and on time for any research experiments.
4. Be interested in going to graduate school for a doctorate in one of the social sciences.
5. Contact Dr. Shifren at 410-704-6239 or email email@example.com for more information.
Were You An Early Caregiver For A Parent or Adult Relative?"
Did you provide primary care (bathing, dressing, feeding,etc.) for one or both of your parents or an adult relative when you were under 18 years old? If you answered yes, then you qualify to participate in a study on early caregiving experiences. Please contact Dr. Shifren at 410-704-6239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For those who are interested in hearing more about young caregivers, a CNN interview on young caregivers can be accessed from the following link : http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/03/health/cnnheroes-child-caregivers/index.html
Also, an NPR show on young caregivers is available at the following link http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=3&islist=true&id=5&d=10-23-2012
Teaching Across the Lifespan
If you are interested in learning more about the courses taught by Dr. Shifren, then click on the words "Current Courses at Towson" for a list of syllabi for the courses. Click on the words "Future Course at Towson" for a description of syllabi for future courses to be taught by Dr. Shifren.