Phone: (410) 704-5528
Office: YR 467
Graduate Research Assistant and Research Associate Openings: I am now seeking qualified and self-motivated graduate students with adequate wireless networking modeling and simulation background in at least one of the following areas: LTE networking, cognitive radio networking, and wireless network security, starting from Spring or Summer 2013. For those who are interested, please send me a copy of your resume, transcripts, publication list, and other closely related credentials at wyu AT towson.edu.
received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from
Research Interests and Summary
My research interests are in the various issues in Cyber Space Security, Computer Networks and Cyber-Physical Systems. My research work has been published in important networking and system conferences and journals, including IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), IEEE International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), IEEE Transactions on Parallel & Distributed Systems (TPDS), IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), and IEEE Transactions on Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT).
Selected Research Support
· National Science Foundation, “Collaborative Research: Membership Inference in a Differentially Private World and Beyond”, 09/01/2011-08/31/2014, PI.
· Army Research Laboratory, “A Distributed Host-Based Intrusion Detection Framework for Mission Critical Network Operation”, 05/15/2011-05/14/2014, PI.
· National Institute of Standards and Technology, “Network Assessments for Smart Grid Applications”, 12/17/2010-09/30/2013, Prometheus Computing, LLC (under its contract from the National Institute of Standards and Technology), PI.
Selected Publications [Full Publications]
· Qingyu Yang, Jie Yang, Wei Yu, Dou An, Nan Zhang, and Wei Zhao, “On False Data Injection Attacks against Power System State Estimation: Modeling and Countermeasures,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2013.
· Qingyu Yang, Dou An, and Wei Yu, “On Time Desynchronization Attack against IEEE 1588 Protocol in Power Grid Systems,” in Proceedings of IEEE EnergyTech, May 2013.
· Xuebin Ren, Wei Yu, Xinyu Yang, Jie Lin, Qingyu Yang, “On Scaling Perturbation Based Privacy-preserving Schemes in Smart Metering Systems,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), August 2013.
· Jie Lin, Wei Yu, Xinyu Yang, Guobin Xu, and Wei Zhao, “On False Data Injection Attacks against Distributed Energy Routing in Smart Grid,” in Proceeding of ACM/IEEE Third International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems (ICCPS – held as part of CPS Week 2012), April 2012.
· Zhen Ling, Junzhou Luo, Wei Yu, Xinwen Fu, Dong Xuan, and Weijia Jia, “A New Cell Counting Based Attack against Tor,” accepted to appear in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), November 2011.
· Zhen Ling, Xinwen Fu, Weijia Jia, Wei Yu, Dong Xuan, Junzhou Luo, “Novel Packet Size Based Covert Channel Attacks against Anonymizer,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), 2012.
· Yuefeng Huang, Xinyu Yang, Shuseng Yang, Wei Yu, and Xinwen Fu, “A Cross Layer Approach Handling Link Asymmetry for Wireless Mesh Access Networks,” to appear in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT), 2011.
· Wei Yu, Xun Wang, Xinwen Fu, Dong Xuan, and Wei Zhao, “An Invisible Localization Attack to Internet Threat Monitors”, in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Vol. 20, No 11, November 2009.
· Zhen Ling, Refereed Junzhou Luo, Wei Yu, Xinwen Fu, Dong Xuan, and Weijia Jia, “A New Cell Counter Based Attack Against Tor", in Proceedings of 16th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), August 2009 (Acceptance ratio=18%).
· Xinwen Fu, Aniket Pingley, Nan Zhang, Wei Yu, Jie Wang, and Wei Zhao, “The Digital Marauders Map: A New Threat to Location Privacy in Wireless Networks", in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), June 2009 (Acceptance ratio=16%).
· Ryan Pries, Wei Yu, Xinwen Fu, and Wei Zhao, “A New Replay Attack against Tor Anonymous Communication Network", in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) (Best Paper Award of Information and Network Security Symposium), May 2008.
· Wei Yu, Xinwen Fu, Steve Graham, Dong Xuan, and Wei Zhao, “DSSS-Based Flow Marking Technique for Invisible Traceback", in Proc. of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P), May 2007 (Acceptance ratio=8.3%)
Honors and Awards
· 2012 Excellence in Scholarship Award, Fisher College of Science and Mathematics, Towson University.
· Best Paper Award: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Communications (Information and Network Security Symposium).
· China National Excellent Award: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1998.
Selected Professional Activities
· Symposium Co-Chair, 2014 International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communication Honolulu: Symposium on Cognitive Computing and Networking, Hawaii, USA February 3-6, 2014.
· Publicity Co-chair of IEEE Wireless Communication and Networking Conference (WCNC), Shanghai 2013.
· Program Co-chair of IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) – Wireless Networking Track, Las Vegas, 2013.
· Web Chair of Cyber-Physical System Week 2012, Beijing, 2012.
· Panel speaker, “Security in Smart Grid: Challenges and Potential Solutions”, the Second China Smart Grid Submmit, 2011.
· Submission Chair of IEEE Sixth International Workshop on Systematic Approaches to Digital Forensic Engineering 2011.
· Guest editor of special issue of Quality of Service in Wireless Networks, EURASIP International Journal of Wireless Network, 2011.
· Technical program committee member of IEEE INFOCOM 2012, 2013, 2014.
· Technical program committee member of the Third IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2012.
· Technical program committee member of IEEE GLOBECOM 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
· Technical program committee member of IEEE ICC 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 (Computer and Network Security Symposium).
· Technical program committee member of IEEE Military Communication (MILCOM) 2011, 2012, 2013.
· Technical program committee member of First International Workshop on Data Security and PrivAcy in Wireless Networks 2010, 2011, 2012.
· Technical program committee member of IEEE TrustCom 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
-- Last Updated on 2/1/2013