Professor appointed in 2000
Department of Computer & Information Sciences
Towson Maryland 21252
7800 York Road, Suite 474
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1987.
M.S. in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1984.
· 8/1989-present - Professor, Department
of Computer and Information Sciences,
· 11/1987-8/1989 - Research Professor, Institute
for Artificial Intelligence,
· 9/1985-11/1987 - Instructor, Department
of Computer Science,
Data Mining, Machine Learning, Expert Systems, Decision-support Systems, Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Investment
Industrial Partnerships grant in the amount of $141,686 to develop a set of knowledge mining and integration
technologies to enhance the capabilities and scalability of Kaelo®, an
automated tool for assessing the effectiveness of the board and management of
public companies. 2012
· Outreach Technologies Grant in the amount of $38,836.
· National Science Foundation grant in the amount of $30,000
· Outreach Technologies grant in the amount of $48,172
· National Science Foundation grant (#96522936) in the amount of $170,000
· National Science Foundation grant (#9651044) in the amount of $74,374
H. Zhou and Y Zheng, “IDA: an intelligent document analysis system for evaluating corporate governance practices based on SEC required filings”. P50-62. Vol 3, No. 2. International Journal of Software Innovation. IGI publishing. ISSN: 2166-7160. 2015
H Zhou, A Hybird Intelligent System for Stock Analysis Through Integration of Fuzzy Logic and Analogical Reasoning" The Journal of American Business Review: Volume 2. Number 2: 10-17. ISSN 2167-0803. 2014
H. Zhou, Book Chapter "Modeling Stock Analysts Decision Making: an Intelligent Decision Support System Approach"" in Efficient Decision Support Systems: Practice and Challenges – From Current to Future / Book 2. 2011
"Automated Recognition and Composition in Dynamic Model Management."International Journal of Information and Management Sciences: Vol.l5, No.1.
"EduMaster: Automated Knowledge Engineering and Acquisition." The Journal of Computer Information Systems. Vol. XXXIII, No.3.
"ARMMS: Analogical Reasoning Model Management System for Multicriteria Vehicle Scheduling." Annals of Operations Research. Vol. 38: 421-452.
"Analogical Learning and Automated Rule Constructions." Journal of Computer Science and Technology. Vol.6, No.4: 316-328.
"A Computational Model of Cumulative Learning." Machine Learning. Vol.5, No.4: 383-406. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
"Adaptive Knowledge Based Systems and Analogical Reasoning." Advances in Computing and Information. Vol. 468: 314-323. Springer Verlag.
"CLEER: Toward Configuration Assessment Logic for Electromagnetic Effects Reduction of Equipment on Warships.” The Naval Engineers Journal: Vol. 101, No.3.
· COSC 501 - Graduate Student Preparation Course
· COSC 600 - Data structures and algorithm analysis
Golfing, playing bridge, reading and fishing
· caught a Barracuda of 48 pounds, known as "Tiger of the Sea", near Bahamas. 2003
· Made 3 hole in ones in my golf career
· Won North American Bridge Championship, Washington, DC. 1992
· Won a Poker tournament for $48,000 in 2011
School is out,
Don't ever doubt,
Our friendship will last.