Professor appointed in 2000
Department of Computer & Information Sciences
Towson Maryland 21252
7800 York Road, Suite 474
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1987.
M.S. in Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1984.
· 8/1989-present - Professor, Department
of Computer and Information Sciences,
· 11/1987-8/1989 - Research Professor, Institute
for Artificial Intelligence,
· 9/1985-11/1987 - Instructor, Department
of Computer Science,
Data Mining, Machine Learning, Expert Systems, Decision-support Systems, Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Finance and Investment
· Maryland Industrial Partnerships grant in the amount of $141,686 to develop a set of knowledge mining and integration technologies to enhance the capabilities and scalability of Kaelo®, an automated tool for assessing the effectiveness of the board and management of public companies.
Grants Received in the Past
· Outreach Technologies Grant in the amount of $38,836.
· National Science Foundation grant in the amount of $30,000
· Outreach Technologies grant in the amount of $48,172
· National Science Foundation grant (#96522936) in the amount of $170,000
· National Science Foundation grant (#9651044) in the amount of $74,374
· "Modeling Stock Analysts Decision Making: an Intelligent Decision Support System Approach"" Accepted for publication in Efficient Decision Support Systems: Practice and Challenges – From Current to Future / Book 2. 2011
· "Automated Recognition and Composition in Dynamic Model Management."International Journal of Information and Management Sciences: Vol.l5, No.1.
· "EduMaster: Automated Knowledge Engineering and Acquisition." The Journal of Computer Information Systems. Vol. XXXIII, No.3.
· "ARMMS: Analogical Reasoning Model Management System for Multicriteria Vehicle Scheduling." Annals of Operations Research. Vol. 38: 421-452.
· "Analogical Learning and Automated Rule Constructions." Journal of Computer Science and Technology. Vol.6, No.4: 316-328.
· "A Computational Model of Cumulative Learning." Machine Learning. Vol.5, No.4: 383-406. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
· "Adaptive Knowledge Based Systems and Analogical Reasoning." Advances in Computing and Information. Vol. 468: 314-323. Springer Verlag.
· "CLEER: Toward Configuration Assessment Logic for Electromagnetic Effects Reduction of Equipment on Warships.” The Naval Engineers Journal: Vol. 101, No.3.
Courses Scheduled in fall 2011
Courses Scheduled in Spring 2011
· COSC 501 - Graduate Student Preparation Course
· COSC 757 - Data Mining
Golfing, playing bridge, reading and fishing
· caught a Barracuda of 48 pounds, known as "Tiger of the Sea", near Bahamas. 2003
· Made 3 hole in ones in my golfing career
· Won North American Bridge Championship (Flight B), Washington, DC. 1992
School is out,
Don't ever doubt,
Our friendship will last.